Skip to main content

Modi Sarkar ne kiya bantadhar!

India has seen a new Government in the last few months and people are elated with rising stock market and tomatoes (in the near future) costing Rs. 10 per kg (let’s not look at the excessive stock as a reason for this) and fuel prices dropping across Maharashtra!

Great news, na? Well actually I beg to differ! Let’s look at some instances of the “invincible” Modi Sarkar that made my blood boil like never before:
1.    


Centre issues a directive to the High Court that for child passports unwed mothers need to declare how she conceived the child (Link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/For-childs-passport-unwed-mother-needs-to-declare-if-she-was-raped-Centre-to-HC/articleshow/44988057.cms). Why should it anger you? Well, for one, we have been fighting to get women stand up for their rights! When Nirbhaya was raped, BJP strongly condemned Shiela Dixit, the CM of Delhi at that time, asking for her resignation. What BJP Government has done today has shamed me to no extent. They have taken away every woman’s right to a decent life! If I conceive a child out of wedlock, it’s my problem not your’s! Gaining an Indian passport is the right of every Indian citizen. By giving such a directive, the Government has blatantly overridden Article 21 of the Constitution (the Holy Book of Democratic India) that guarantees a Right to Life!

You may say that it’s just an affidavit, but do you realise the kind of questions that the woman will  be asked when she goes along with her child to the Passport Office and later to the Police Station for verification? Some pro-Modi fans may say “Jab shadi ke bina bachcha paida karne mein sharam nahi aayi toh ab kyu sharmana”. Well, dear Moditards, it’s a woman’s choice to have a baby and there’s nothing against the Indian sabhiyata coz our religious text themselves talk about so many unwed women giving birth to great legends like Anjali gave birth to Hanuman!

We as women and educated members of the society are trying to bring about a change wherein women are treated equally! If we take 5 steps towards this goal, your dear Government pulls us back 10 steps. All I can say on behalf of every woman in India is THANK YOU FOR NOTHING. We now know that there’s no one to protect us and this battle is ours alone to fight!
2.     
Sidelining Indira Gandhi on ‘Rashtriya Ekta Diwas’ – Ironical, no? I agree that the UPA Government, in the last 10 years, did not give Sardar Patel his due and I’m glad that you’ll have not left him as a forgotten hero. But in the process of bringing to light one hero’s achievements, you have, on purpose, pulled down another hero! Yes, Indira Gandhi was a hero. She had the guts to force population control measures down the throat of every Indian. Thanks to her initiative, we hadn’t crossed China in our population measures. She had the guts to tell the world that we are not going to take any attacks from any army lying down. She had the guts to stand up for what she believed in! Is it right for you to bring down another leader just coz she’s a Gandhi and a leader of the Congress? That’s a very cheap shot!

3.     Modi’s closeness to the Ambanis – When UPA was in power, we used to constantly hear about how Ambanis are ruling the country. Is it any different now? Mr. Ambani puts an arm around the shoulder of the Prime Minister of India and his wife refers to him as ‘Naren bhai’ as if they were chilling at home. Is it just me who is unnerved by this? Doesn’t this PDA (yes, I choose to call it that) bring to light the close bonds shared between Modi and the Ambanis? [Yes, I agree that Ambanis must have been closer to Modi during his days as the CM of Gujarat but this open, uninhibited show of affection gives me the creeps]. I’m scared of being ruled over by Mr. Ambani all over again!

The list is endless and in the few months I’m already tired of all the marketing gimmicks Mr. Modi and his Government has pulled (Diwali celebrations in Kashmir to Swach Bharat Abhiyan and his international trips).

In the end I just want to say this.


Dear Modi Government,
If you are reading this, then please stop exploiting us further! We’ve already been drained by the UPA. We don’t need your shit for the next 5 years. Please get to concrete work that  helps in human development!

Your Truly,

An Angry Indian Woman!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Ramayan is the worst story ever!

So it’s been a while since I have been thinking about this and finally decided to pen down my thoughts. This began on the day of Dussesrah when I was busy getting celebratory/festive wishes on Whatsapp. I was thinking about the popular, shorter version of the story of Ramayan and how warped it is.  So Ram, playing the ideal son, decided to give up his kingdom keeping in mind the insecurities of his step-mother; which is cool. But, did he discuss it out with Sita first? No! He just played the perfect   son, making his parents proud. Poor Sita! She just heard the decision taken by her husband and like a good wife (who may or may not have wanted to escape living with her in-laws) she followed Ram into a life of self-exile. That wasn’t enough when Ram’s younger brother, Lakshman decided to follow him. Again, there’s no one knows of his wife Mandavi, who decided NOT to follow her husband into the forest and live in the kingdom with her new family. May be she thought living her

My Coffee Dream

For quite some time, I have been thinking about quitting the rat race and moving to more idle pastures, doing what I like doing the best – drinking coffee! Well, drinking coffee alone will not get me the mullah, so I am wondering about setting up my own coffee shop. I would like to share this dream with you and may be you can motivate me to actually take that leap! Here’s what my dream looks like – a quaint little shop in the corner of a nice street. The smell of freshly brewed coffee, comfortable seats, a big library of books that people can choose to read while sipping on the coffee, melodious songs playing the background… This will be a place where you will not want to look at the clock! This is a place where you would want to unwind after a long day at work. This is a place where you know the cafĂ© staff by their names and they know your favorite orders. The menu will give you a plethora of choices in coffee but you won’t find flavoured coffee. No Hazelnut or va

Tripping with Coffee

This time, I do not come up with memories! No, I have not run out of them! I am doing some serious thinking on where my relationship with coffee is headed. I realize that it’s time to discuss what we want from life! No, I am not breaking up with Coffee but am just looking at ways to spice up our relationship. After a lot of thought, I feel a trip together will help strengthen the relationship. Of course coffee was a part of all my previous trips but it was just a PART! This time, I would want to go only with Coffee and have no one disturb us and I have selected the perfect location for this trip – Melbourne! A lot of people would wonder why Melbourne! You will think Australia is a place for deep sea diving, seeing some awesome coral reef and even surfing in some of the best waves in the world but COFFEE? Well for all those who don’t know a lot about Melbourne, here is some reasoning into why I would take my first trip with coffee to Melbourne. Melbourne is known for its